I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Good things going on

It has been so easy to focus on the tough stuff lately that I wanted to sit down and write out some good things.

Recovering from surgery is going to be so much easier now that I am almost 65 pounds lighter.

I have amazing family and friends to help me through all of the tough stuff.

Our landlords are willing to "work with us" if we want to stay in the house and can't get financed, we aren't sure what that entails but it is still good news.

If I hadn't been enrolling in school for next semester I wouldn't found out that my student loan consolidation was missing some loans in time to add the missing loans to the account (you only get six months to add new ones).

DH was able to get a "new to him" computer that enables him to finally do some work from home that can bring in some extra money.
 
My parents bought us diapers and a few groceries to get us through the week and they have been driving the kids to school and picking them up for me since I reinjured my ankle.

I have actually had a chance to talk with friends this week that I don't usually get to talk to very often.

Even if I have surgery 2 days before Chance's birthday party we will still be able to do it because my mom offered to host it at her house and it will just be our family and a couple of close friends.

There are so many more but I won't bore you with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top