I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Emotional Eating

Falling into the trap of emotional eating is my greatest fear.  It has been my downfall in the past and we have had such a stressful few months that I know the trap is lurking.  I see myself craving carbs and maxing out my calorie allowance.  These are things I hadn't been doing or thinking about in a while.  I will get through this.


Oh, by the way this week marks my 6 month anniversary with OA.  It took me six months of thinking about going and two months of talking about going before I walked into that first meeting.  That moment of courage has changed my life.  


I have hope for the first time that I can live a healthy and happy life.  So even while I am terrified of falling into old habits I know that I have the support of so many people around me.


My ankle surgery is scheduled for next Thursday.  Now comes the panic mode cleaning of the house and the crazy catching up on the laundry.  We also have to figure out where our little man is going.  One of my oldest friends and his girlfriend have offered to watch the baby but Chance doesn't know them so I am a bit anxious about that.  It is a good back up plan if no one else is able to help though.  The big kids will be in school.   My husband will be using his last vacation day until next May to be home on Friday.  My parents are going to get me to and home from the surgery.   Our only bathroom is upstairs in our split level and since I will be on crutches for at least 3 weeks I am nervous about my tiny bladder.  Oh well!  It will work out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top