I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Today is gonna be a great day!

"This could possibly be the best day ever,
And the forecast says that tomorrow will likely be a million and six times better,
So make every minute count jump up, jump in and seize the day,
And let's make sure that in every single possible way,
Today is Gonna to Be a Great Day!"
Bowling for Soup---Phineas and Ferb Theme

I don't usually quote songs from kids' cartoons but this song couldn't epitomize my attitude this morning any better.   The sun is shining for the first time in ages.  The kids are happy because they have friends coming over later.  The baby is acting silly watching his favorite TV show and although I woke up very hungry I didn't stuff my face before thinking it through.  

It is days like this that remind me why I am fighting this battle for my health.  Why I am fighting an addiction to compulsive overeating.   Why I am searching for the sane and reasonable person deep down inside, that person who doesn't have to fight so hard to live a normal healthy life.

Thank you God for such a beautiful day.  I plan to make every minute count today.  I plan to accomplish what I need to get done with a smile on my face.  I plan to enjoy my children and their friends and I plan to fill my body with food that will make it strong and healthy without over eating.

I will win this battle, it will be a long one but I am jumping right in and making my will known!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top