I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

12 days

It has been 12 days since I have over eaten.   It has been years since I have gone this long without eating poorly. 


What I have been doing:


Working on portion control.  This is a big one for me.


Drinking a large glass of water with each meal and before each snack.


Tracking what I eat.  I am using Spark People to do this.  It is a free site and it promotes healthy eating not fad diets.  The nutrition tracking too makes it easy to keep track of what I eat.  The database has most foods in it already so I don't have to enter the nutrition facts for everything I eat.


I have been swimming at least every 3 days and trying to be more active while I am at home.




What I need to work on daily:


Eating more fruits and vegetables


Remembering to take my multivitamin and supplements.  I am taking a multi, garlic, potassium, magnesium, calcium, Omega-3 and B-6.  All but the B-6 are in an effort to make sure my blood pressure is as good as possible as I take the phentermine which can raise blood pressure for some people.  So far it hasn't had this effect for me.


Getting more done around the house/being more physically active


Not raising my voice to the big kids


Playing more learning games with the baby


Working on reading more with my daughter and working on handwriting with both big kids



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top