I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

So worn out...but it is good!

I may possibly win the title of World's Worst Housekeeper.  Over the years I have seemed to be at a loss as to how to get myself organized.  Where to start cleaning and how to keep going until it was done the right way.  I basically gave up a long time ago and decided I would never get it right, or the way I wanted it so why bother?  I have spent years doing the minimum to get by.   Don't get me wrong, we don't live in filth but we do live in lots of clutter. 

This week I vowed to change that.

I had laundry from last year piled up in storage buckets sitting in our garage (where the washer and dryer are located).  Without exaggeration I had to have done 40 loads of laundry this week.  The last load is in the washing machine right now.  As I washed the clothes I found many things that were only worn a few times before they were lost in the mess.  I found bitty baby outfits from my almost two year old.  I found clothes that could have been saved if only stains had been treated right away.  I found many things that were already outgrown by the kids.  What a waste.   Now it has all been sorted.  Baby clothes have been passed on and the rest of the stuff we can no longer used is being donated.

Last Sunday we cleaned house.  Really dug in and got things looking nice.  As the week progressed I not only kept it clean but continued to do more detailed cleaning around the house.

This week my goal is to get the basement floor, which hasn't been right since it flooded in May, cleaned up so I can moved the stuff that belongs in the basement back down there and make my garage functional before it gets too much colder out.  I also want to get the flooring that we have had for about 9 months put down in our bedroom.

Hopefully within a couple of weeks we can get some painting done.  Our hall needs to be finished, the accent wall in the kitchen needs to be painted (at minimum) and our master bedroom is in desperate need of a paint job, the twins' room need to be touched up as well.

We discovered that our deck is literally falling apart.  Not good.  Hoping it is a low cost fix and that the landlords can get to it asap as it is our only easy access to the back yard.

I am really hoping to get this all dealt with in the next six weeks.





As for food...I have done pretty well this week.  I am not hearing the voices of the food items speaking to me nearly as often as I used to....lol.  Seriously though, it has been a good week.  I am hoping that I will have a better weigh in tomorrow than last week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top