I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Damn Mother Nature and the Horse She Rode In On




MOST DAYS!

The wonders of being a woman kept me from making my goal of 2 pounds this week, I was barely able to hold my own.  Water retention is not a beautiful thing.   In addition to that I missed my meeting Saturday morning.   This is the first time I have missed an OA meeting in the past 4 months.  

 Four months, I can hardly believe it.  I feel like this lifestyle change is starting to become innate.  I don't often struggle to make the right choices these days.  I ended up eating restaurant food 4 times last week.  It was just a fluke of circumstances but each time I chose a healthy meal and kept it light.  Not only did I make light choices but I enjoyed every bite of them.  I had a spinach, ham and mozzarella egg white omelet with whole wheat toast.  I was very satisfied afterward and it was amazing.


I worry that I will slip again though, I think that I will always worry.  It has been a couple of months since I have gone off of my food plan.  I feel better than ever.  50 pounds lighter feels amazing.  I have so much more energy and am just happier.  I am just beginning to really work with my sponsor and feel lucky to have found one.  I know many people who are trying to work the program without one and I don't know how they manage.


I found an amazing product at the store yesterday.  Flatout brand flat bread.  I picked up the light original as an alternative to a tortilla.  They are fewer calories and 2.5 fat grams which is the same as the tortillas I usually buy.  I smeared a full serving (could have used less but needed the calories and protein) of reduced fat peanut butter at one end and put a whole banana across it (too lazy to slice it) and rolled it up just like that.  It was amazing.  The texture and flavor of the flat bread was nicer than doing this with a tortilla and Hy Vee's reduced fat PB is really good.  Oh, and the bonus...each flat bread has 9 grams of fiber.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top