I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

So much for getting back on track

My ranges are fine, fat/calories/carbs/protein but I still find myself eating things that are trigger foods.  I have had Jiffy frosting mix sitting in the cabinet for a year.  Last night I was in scavenging mode and found myself mixing up frosting and eating it by the spoonful.  I have decided to look at the positives of the situation though.  Last night I mixed the frosting and ate it, but after 5 or 6 spoonfuls I stopped.  I walked to the sink and I ran the frosting down the drain.   In the past I could have eaten the entire package and possibly made another one.  As it was I ate under two servings of frosting.   I wish I hadn't hit the sugar but am very grateful that I pulled myself back from the brink.  

The good news for the day is that 36 hours into antibiotics I am beginning to feel a bit better than I was.  I am hoping to recover quickly from this nasty bronchitis and get back into shape before we head to Disney World next month. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top