I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

A Love/Hate Relationship

The reasons I love Halloween









And the reasons I hate Halloween
This is just what I dug into today.  I hit the stash for about this much last night as well.  It is amazing to me that after 5 months abstinent from chocolate how easy it was to put that first bite in my mouth and not stop.  I am done now.  The chocolate is heading to work with my husband tomorrow.  The kids are going to pick out two pieces for each day of school this week and the rest of it is going to go to a local dentist who is buying back candy and sending it to U.S. troops in Afghanistan.  

So, today is day 1.  One day at a time.  I need to remember that I have done this one day at a time.  I have become healthy.   I am sure the last month and a half of stressors combined with Halloween candy to push me over the edge but I just don't need the temptation of having it around the house. 

I am down 61 pounds.  I have done amazingly well over the past two months not binging, I have hit the carbs hard a few times.  I have hit the chocolate for the past 24 hours but nothing like I could have done in the past.   I am going to get past the Halloween Hurdle and move forward.

Hitting the veggies and protein hard today to make up for the extra carbs.  I plan to continue that through the week.  I have found that when I go through a carb loading stage if I back off of them a lot for just a few days that I am able to get back to a regular balanced diet and stick to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top