I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

It's a New Day!







A New Day---Tamar 

Say goodbye, say goodbye to the way I was before
Say hello, say hello to a new way
I was lost, but I found what I was looking for
Waking up, waking up to a new day


Cause everything, everything ends at the start
I'm healing and feeling all of my scars




This song was on during the premier of ABC Family's new show HUGE. It couldn't state how I feel any better. I am no longer going to be the person I was before. I am learning how to heal myself and treat myself the way that I deserve. I am waking up each day appreciating all I have. I am finding myself and finding my way in this new world of health and each day I discover something new. Please click on the YouTube link and listen to the whole song. It is truly wonderful.


I can do this. I might get discouraged sometimes but I refuse to give up. As I am able to play on the floor with my kids for a little longer each day or when I feel like taking a spur of the moment walk at 9 p.m. or when I play airplane with my 18 month old I know that I need to live my life knowing that every day is new. Every day is a fresh start. Every day is a new opportunity to get things right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top