I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.


When I go through my daily battle with food I am so grateful for the people around me.   I have a wonderful support system.   My husband is amazing.  He helps to keep me centered and on track.  My mom is always there to help, to listen, to help direct me.   Even my daughter has been getting into the spirit by reminding me to track my food on SparkPeople.   SP has been an amazing support for me.   I have been a member of a small message board for 5 years now composed mostly of parents of twins.  The men and women there are a constant encouragement to each other to be our absolute best.   My Dr. is also a great support and has already helped me get a good start on this journey.  


Right now I am most grateful that I went to that first OA meeting 4 weeks ago.  I really think that it is a decision that has saved my life.  It is amazing to hear the stories of other people who have struggled with the same things I battle through each day and see that they have worked the program and are living their recoveries.  They are such inspirations and it is so amazing to see that they keep coming back for 10 and 20t and 30 years because they know it is what keeps them sane and able to be healthy.  




I do wish that I could attend more than one face to face meeting each week but it isn't working out because of the kiddos and our schedule.  However I have found The Recovery Group which is an  online OA program.  I am just beginning orientation and look forward to having this additional OA tool as I go through the twelve steps.   I am still working on Step 3  "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. "   Handing things over and accepting that I can't do this on my own are difficult for me to follow through on.  Cognitively it is easy to recognize that this is what I need to do but actually doing it is far more difficult than I thought it would be.

I see my Dr. this week for a med check and to talk to her about my progress this far.  I am hoping that we are once again in sync about where to go from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top