I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Finding Silver Linings

Saturday is my meeting day.  For the past 10 1/2 months I have attended a Saturday morning OA meeting.   I love my meeting.  It is like being in a room with people who get me.  No one else does but they do.  For the past month I haven't managed to make it to a Saturday morning meeting.  Although I have been able to sub a different one here and there it isn't the same and I see the loss reflected in my life.


This past Saturday I was excited to finally be heading back to "my" group.  Then came the 5:45 a.m. wake-up call of our 2 year old vomiting.  By 7:30 (time for me to leave) my 6 year old daughter had joined the fallen.  By 9:30 her twin brother was taken down as well.  Lucky me, not only didn't I get to my meeting but I had three sick kiddos to take care of.  I am so incredibly grateful that it happened on a Saturday though because my husband was home to help.  While I was nursing kids he was cleaning up messes, running to the store for ginger-ale and more.  By late afternoon the kids were still queasy but much better.  They went off to bed that night and we thought we had gotten off easy until the youngest woke up doggy sick at 9:00.  Poor kiddo was so incredibly good.  He had been asleep when it hit and was literally covered from head to toe.  I had to shower the sick, barely awake, child and he was only mildly fussy through it.   Thank goodness he was in bed an hour later and no more sick kiddos for us.


By noon on Sunday I knew that they had taken me out.  I never never never vomit.  The last time I vomited was a reaction to a medication I took following a serious car accident.  That was over 11 years ago.   I don't ever remember being so sick.   I spent most of Sunday in and out of bed thanks to my amazing husband taking control.  When I woke in time to get the kids to bed though he was feeling queasy too.  Monday I was so weak that I could barely keep my eyes open but the big kids were so good that I was able to nap while the youngest napped.  By today I felt really well again.


The silver lining in all of this is that I spent the better part of the past three days eating like a bird.  Nothing high fat or high sugar has sounded even remotely good.  I am looking at the past few days as an Extreme Detox.   I am hoping I can use the really icky sickness as a turning point to get back on track!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top