I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Determination for today

Determination: 
  1. the quality of being resolute; firmness of purpose.
  2. a fixed purpose or intention 
  3. fixed direction or tendency toward some object or end 


For today...I am determined to make smart decisions.   I am determined to have a positive outlook.  I am determined to do something fun.  I am determined to get some sunshine.
For today...I will be grateful for all the good things in my life; for a loving husband, for amazing children, for a nice home, for cars that run.  I will not focus on things like the price of gasoline, or where grocery money is coming from this week.  I will focus on the positive and not the negative.

For today...I will take joy in every moment of my two year old son.  Even the moments when he isn't behaving because he is healthy, he is happy and he is about the funniest little guy I have ever been around.

For today...I will appreciate all aspects of my six-year-old daughter.  I will wonder at her creativity, I will glorify in her strength and I will know that her dramatic nature will serve her well in life.

For today...I will take wonder in all the parts of my six-year-old son.  I will sit in awe of his gifts with letters and numbers.  I will giggle at his inability to get all of his clothes on right side out.  I will be amazed as he beats me at yet another video game.


For this amazing day I will be grateful to God.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top