I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Relapse

I guess I just need to admit that I have been in a total relapse.  Recovery has not been part of my life for nearly three months.  I have gained 7 or 8 pounds since injuring my ankle.  When we went to Disney in November I allowed myself too much leniency and started the downhill journey to all of my old habits.  Reinjuring my ankle which was followed by a surgical repair just added to the stress and I began eating trigger foods again.  3 weeks on my butt on crutches and rarely getting out of the house pushed me over the edge into a mild depression and the weeks of snow on the ground while I was in my walking cast kept me indoors for longer than I had anticipated.  I am hoping that my finally increasing mobility is a step in the right direction. Between the weather, family illness and my surgery I have missed several OA meetings over the past months.  I haven't been communicating with my sponsor at all.  I haven't used the tools I have been given.


I have started using SparkPeople again and changed my goals to maintenance right now.  I plan to add a 2 pound weight loss goal every two weeks starting from today.  So for this moment, my goal is to stay the same for the next two weeks.  In two weeks I will change my goal to 2 pounds less than I am now, 2 weeks after that I will change it to 4 pounds less than I am now.  I don't intend to lose weight that fast but this is an easy way to slowly step my calorie count down without going from 2500 calories a day to 1500 and having to fight the urge to binge.  




I am not going to ramble on more.  I am tired.  My ankle is sore from getting more use than usual and my house is a disaster.

For my family

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top