I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Oh the Most Turbulent Time of the Year



There is a reason for us to celebrate this year.    I am battling to find the joy in my heart.  The past few months have been terribly difficult.  Financially we are struggling so hard to stay afloat, we are facing the hunt for a new place to live, I have been battling to get into school.  Add injury to my ankle and resulting surgery and I have been very down.

I am struggling to remember my blessings.  I am 64 pounds lighter now than I was less than 7 months ago.  I am 64 pounds healthier.   I have a gorgeous and healthy family.   I have amazing friends who have chipped in to help while I am off of my feet healing.   I have parents who have done everything possible to make my recovery easy.  My mom has been helping me with the toddler and transporting the kids back and forth to school.   My dad installed a chair glide and handrail for me to use to transfer to crutches at the top of the stairs so I don't have to crawl up and down them.  They borrowed my grandmother's retired wheel chair for me to use so I don't have to crutch around the main level of the house.   Even the big kids have been pitching in.   Between the down time and the gloomy weather I have been battling food.  There are benefits to being non-weight bearing on one foot though, it is way too much work to get up and snack on a regular basis.  

Today was the first day (day 5) that I have been pain free.  My ankle aches a bit and itches while it heals but there is no significant pain.  I am so grateful for that.   I did crochet myself a cast cozy to keep my toes warm.


I did get a wild hair to make last minute Christmas gifts and you can check that craziness out at my crochet blog if you are at all interested.  Crocheting is fantastic.  It takes two hands so I can't do it and feed my face at the same time.

By the way, my New Year's resolution is going to be to stop calling myself a "fat girl".  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top