I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Sleep, or lack thereof

One of my goals, that should be easy to follow through on, is getting enough sleep. Monday night I hit the hay around 9:30. My 18 month old was up at 4:30 squawking, I did my darnedest to ignore him but by 5 I knew he wasn't going back to sleep. I don't know what has him waking up so freaking early but I wish it would end. New plan for him is to go in and tell him it is still "night, night" and hopefully he will go back to sleep without too much of a fuss.

Being tired makes for a rough day when it comes to food. In the past I have used exhaustion as a reason to carb load and it is hard to break those lifelong habits but I am doing it. I made myself two eggs that morning and had two pieces of light whole wheat toast with them. I drank lots of water. Didn't consume any caffeine and amazingly enough I made it through the day and all three children were allowed to continue their existence...which in my imagination can sometimes seem to be in question...lol.

Even though it was a rough start I will call it a win. I actually ended up a little under my calorie intake because I laid down on the couch when the baby went down for nap. The twins were entertained and not only was I wiped out but I have swimmer's ear. emoticon So I vegetated through the time when I usually eat lunch, instead of sleeping I was interrupted about every 15 minutes with a request to referee some argument but it was still nice to lay down for a while.

We spent a couple of hours swimming that evening. I feel so blessed to live just 4 miles from my parents, they have a large in ground pool. We were a bit surprised to get into the water this evening and find it had reached 96 degrees. That doesn't usually happen until mid to late July. It felt great on the muscles but wasn't very refreshing. Still it was a fun time and an opportunity for exercise, I take the baby to the deep end in his floatie and tread water while I talk with him.

He was up at 4:17 yesterday morning and 5:00 again today.  I let him squawk both time.  He spent an hour this morning talking to himself.  Someday he will sleep again, right?


Post a Comment

Copyright © Mom Over The Top