I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Bizarre dreams

I just love this song.  It doesn't have much to do with my bizarre dreams last night but at least it is along the same theme.







I have been so incredibly sick for the past week.  In the past three days my ears and my throat have hurt badly enough that I have been planning "strategies" to get enough relief to sleep at night.  Two nights ago I was desperate enough to take some pain killers left over from my ankle surgery to attempt relief.  An hour after taking them I was just as miserable as I was before and that meant that I had to wait 5 more hours to take anything else.  I ended up staying up until midnight when I took some good old-fashioned ibuprofen and some benadryl.  I slept deeply enough that if I dreamed at all I didn't remember a bit of it upon waking.  
Night before last my throat was bothering me enough that I hadn't eaten since a late lunch.  I asked my amazing hubby to run to QuikTrip and get me a slushie to sip on.  That helped enough that a couple of Tylenol made me comfortable enough to fall asleep.  However, I ended up waking up to use the restroom several extra times that night.  
    Last night I was simply exhausted.  I used ear drops from my toddlers' last ear infection to relieve my ear pain, shoved a sugar free menthol cough drop in my mouth and crashed.   I had the most bizarre dream.   I won concert tickets to see Taylor Swift.  I invited my landlady to go to the concert with me.   A freak snow storm started on our way there and my headlights went out on the car so I drove us into a ditch.  We called a friend who took us the rest of the way to the concert weaving in and out of stalled cars in the snow.  When we got to the show it was canceled due to the weather but they had some vaudeville show on the stage and were giving away tickets to other concerts.  You had to dig through these boxes of gift bag things to choose your tickets and they had bizarre groups among the choices.  People long gone like Cole Porter to New Kids On the Block!   When we left the theatre road crews were out using some chemical on the snow and then setting it aflame.  We had to zig zag through flames to get home.
   I don't know what that strange dream was about but it was so clear it was like watching a movie!   The funny thing is I usually eat a snack in the evening which often brings on weird dreams but last night my throat just hurt too much to bother. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top