I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

Happy New Year



As I sit here listening to my nearly six year old twins whine to stay up until midnight my headache multiplies exponentially.  Still, I can't help to be grateful for what this year has brought me.  I wish that I could say that I have been abstinent for my nearly 7 months in OA but I can't.  I can say that I have spent more than half of that time abstinent and that the times I have failed to keep my abstinence I mostly haven't been as far out of control as I was a year ago.   For each time that I have been able to walk away from a trigger food, for each time that I have stopped before I went into a full fledged binge, for each time I have sat and crocheted,  or written a letter, or made a phone call I am grateful.  I am ever grateful for the courage I found to walk into that first OA meeting.


I couldn't be more grateful for my friends and family this year.   During my journey to health, my journey to recovery, they have been unfailingly supportive of me.  Some have brought meals to help out post-surgery, some have helped with the kids, all have helped by listening.

Right now I am realizing that I have been neglectful in thanking God enough for His help in this journey.  As I sit here typing I am lifting my voice to praise Him in one of the best ways I know how.


There are so many things this year that were incredibly difficult but so many more good things have happened and I don't want to forget it.

Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top