I am truly a mom over the top! I have been a compulsive overeater for most of my life. The first time I remember specific over the top eating behaviors was when I was 13 years old. That was 24 years ago. I started on this journey to health, to abstinence, to sanity in May, 2010. I hope that by blogging I can help, not only myself, but help others to know that they aren't alone. My tools on this journey are Overeaters Anonymous and SparkPeople.

47 pounds

Could it possibly be real? Have I lost more weight than my 5 1/2 year old son weighs? Could I have lost the weight without feeling deprived? Could I have lost it while healing myself emotionally, spiritually, AND physically? It is true and it is an amazing feeling. I am down to 238 from 285 pounds.

I have lost nearly 50 pounds. I weighed 237 pounds the day I got married. Our 10th anniversary is the 23rd of this month and what an amazing way to celebrate. I will weigh less by our anniversary than I did the day I married my wonderful husband.

Money is super tight for us right now. I am crocheting like mad to bring in an income and that will begin paying off, literally, in the next couple of weeks but it takes time and it is still a minimal contribution. I am getting started on some custom orders for people. I feel so blessed to have been home with my kids this whole time but we need to figure out a way to bring in some more dependable income. I keep thinking about what I could do part time that would work around my hubby's schedule and restaurant work keeps popping into my mind. I just don't think I am at that point in my recovery yet. Temptation is not something I want to deal with constantly and a restaurant isn't the place to battle a food addiction.

I am handling my alone time better. The kids have been in school for three weeks. It doesn't seem real. Patience still wants me to walk her to class every day. I asked if I could walk them into the building and watch her go down the hall on her own and she cried. It broke my heart. So I walked her all the way in again today. Christian wants to say goodbye to me before we go in the building and walk himself to class. They are so different from each other. The baby is learning his letters. I swear he is a split of the other two. He knows A, B, E, I, L, O, U, and V on sight now.

For now I have to run but I will post more soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Mom Over The Top